Your Guide to Rainforest Alliance Week EventsSeptember 15, 2011
What’s happening during Rainforest Alliance Week? Educational events, online contests, travel discounts and more! A few of the events brought to you by the Rainforest Alliance and friends:
Coffee and Tea Tastings
- Allegro Coffee Company samples Rainforest Alliance Certified™ coffees in several Whole Foods Markets in New York City. Stop by for a pick-me-up and learn more about how certification benefits nature and coffee-growing communities.
- Get a taste of Republic of Tea’s Three Gardens Breakfast tea from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms in Kenya, Indonesia and Malawi. Natural foods markets in California, Oregon, Texas and Washington will be sampling the teas throughout the week.
- Big Screen Plaza in NYC will feature Rainforest Alliance videos throughout the week. Stop by the outdoor courtyard, get a cup of Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee in the café and enjoy the show(s)!
- Join Birds and Beans for a migratory bird walk in Toronto on Saturday, September 17. Catch a glimpse of birds en route to their wintering grounds in the rainforests of Central and South America where Rainforest Alliance Certified shaded coffee farms are sometimes their last refuge.
- On two Sundays, September 18 and 26, the Rainforest Alliance will welcome children and their parents to New York City’s Prospect Park for fun, educational activities on the environment and climate change.
- Join Noah Jackson (independent trainer and auditor) and Sabrina Vigilante (director of markets and sustainable value chains) for a webinar on Wednesday, September 21 at 12 PM EST. Hosted by the Rainforest Alliance, the event will introduce participants to our on-the-ground efforts and their connection to the global marketplace.
- Birds and Beans will also offer online customers who purchase two pounds or more of Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee a free travel mug. (Shipping within Canada only.) Visit their Toronto café for specials on Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee and chocolate.
- One lucky Zavida Coffee fan will win a gourmet coffee gift basket featuring Zavida’s entire line of Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee blends. Learn how you can enter on Twitter and Facebook.
- Tetley Tea will host a daily competition on their Farmers First Hand Facebook page for a cuddly Rainforest Alliance plush frog. Find out more.
- Travel with Yampu Tours to see the sights and stay in sustainably managed, Rainforest Alliance Verified™ hotels and lodges in Costa Rica, Ecuador, Nicaragua and Peru. These itineraries are discounted by 15 percent from September 19 to December 15, 2011.
- Get away to Nicaragua with VaPues Tours at a 15 percent discount. This 11-day trip highlights renewable energy projects and boutique hotels working together with the Rainforest Alliance.
- Explore Guatemala on horseback! Unicornio Azul offers visitors a 15 percent discount on two-day package tours to their Rainforest Alliance Verified rural lodge and equestrian facility in the Sierra de los Cuchumatanes.
- Discover off-the-beaten-path Costa Rica with Country Walkers on a tour that includes stops at some of Earth’s most impressive biodiversity hotspots. Book during Rainforest Alliance Week and get a $500 per person discount.
- Adventure Life invites you to cruise among the Galapagos Islands or hike the Ecuadorian Amazon. Make your reservation anytime from Rainforest Alliance Week through October 23, 2011 and get a 15 percent discount.
- Book two rooms at Uxlabil EcoHotels in Guatemala during Rainforest Alliance Week and you’ll get one room free!
- Experience Costa Rica’s incredible landscape on an 11-day luxury vacation with Hands Up Holidays that includes visits to pristine national parks, stunning beaches, a Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee farm and a volcano. Reserve your trip anytime from September 19 to 30 and you’ll reserve 20 percent off the package.
Don’t see an event in your community? Look for the green frog seal on coffee, tea, chocolate and more to help support a healthier planet!