6 Ways to Love a Greener WorldFebruary 6, 2013
This Valentine’s Day, love a greener world by spoiling your loved one without spoiling the planet. Choose goods and services that feature the Rainforest Alliance’s little green frog, and you can help conserve forests, protect wildlife and improve the lives of workers and communities across the globe.
- Treat your love to Rainforest Alliance Certified™ chocolate. Farmed on over 18 million acres of tropical land, cocoa provides a livelihood for some 40 million people. Make sure the chocolate you buy contains cocoa grown in a way that protects forests and helps cocoa farming communities thrive.
- Surprise your Valentine with a beautiful bouquet grown on a farm that curbs deforestation, conserves soil and water, provides habitat for wildlife and protects the rights and well-being of farm workers. You can find Rainforest Alliance Certified blooms at Whole Foods Market, Sam’s Club, Walmart and Costco.
- Escape on a romantic getaway. Find stunning and sustainable destinations in Latin America and the Caribbean on SustainableTrip.org, a Rainforest Alliance website featuring tourism businesses that conserve natural resources, protect plants and wildlife, and support local communities.
- Enter to win a basket overflowing with treats! Write a catchy caption for our Valentine’s Day Facebook contest for a chance to take home an assortment of delicious and nutritious chocolate treats from Balance Bar, Bixby & Co., Hershey’s Bliss, Bissinger’s Handcrafted Chocolatier, Dove Chocolate, Endangered Species Chocolate, Newman’s Own Organics, NibMor, Salazon Chocolate Co. and Sun Cups.
- Make a donation of $50 or more and you could win a free 5-night stay in Costa Rica just in time for Valentine’s Day! Guests will stay in a secluded, eco-friendly resort; take a hiking tour of Corcovado National Park; and travel by boat to an ancient burial ground.
- Watch and share our new “Love a Greener World” stop animation video to see how sustainable sweets can bring people (and the environment) closer together.